....unless when they are crappy.
Then, just like yesterday's chicken soup, it turns poisonous.
Besides reading, I have always loved good movies.
My love for reading came first as a child, then as the time went by and access to entertainment stuff has opened wider, movie became my second favorite imaginary world. It takes you to places you've never been, places you wouldn't ever wanna be, interesting characters, confusing situations, clever dialogues, stupid decisions, laughter, tears, frustrations, super power, everything in between.
It makes you think, it stimulates you.
To list all of my favorite movies is almost impossible and surely time consuming.
So here is the list* of my 20 favorite movies, some of which I'm craving to watch again right now, but sadly can't find them anywhere:
- The Goonies (The Goonieessssss!!!!!!!)
- Speed (Speeeeeddd!!! aksjfhksahdfkas)
- Strike!
- Die Hard With a Vengeance (What? This movie is no rubbish ok :8)
- The River Wild
- Phone Booth (akshfksalfhlks!!!! Brilliant concept of story line)
- Honey I Shrunk The Kids
- Casper
- The Lovely Bones (kahsdaskjghfa the movie that made me think and contemplate about life and which the after-taste still lingers for a long time even after the movie has long finished.)
- A Good Year
- Lord of The Rings (It is, by far, the greatest movies men ever made the entire time)
- Pirates of The Caribbean (I only give the highest star-rate for the first movie, the second and the third I don't know why but they made me fell asleep, literally.)
- Edward The Scissor Hand.
- Indiana Jones (Classic!)
- Bring It On!
- Before Sunrise
- X-Men. (No explanation is needed)
- The Client (Or known as The Movie Which The Late 11 year-old Brad Renfro Showed Off His Exceptionally Awesome Acting Skill)
- Ponyo (The Japanese animation film)
- And last but not least, Stand By Me.
I started the list with a movie about a group of friends having an adventure in finding treasures, so I think it's just right to end the list with a movie of a group of friends having an adventure in finding dead body. Yup, dead body.
I didn't include Harry Potter saga because well, lets admit it, as much as I love the books and thrilled seeing the story made into movies, some of the actors' acting skill is painful to watch. But we'll get to that another time.
*please check IMDB for more information on these movies.
The list above didn't do any justice.
There are still plenty of great movies that I didn't mention and it's because this entry tonight was meant to be simple and brief, not the kind where I talk about something thoroughly. I had not written in a long time and this served only as a practice for my stiff fingers, because writing is my 3rd-founded love.
While reading and watching get you into the magical world, writing allows you to create your own magic ;)

3 comments:
Agree with you, good movie is really something meaningful for me. Stress relieve and inspiration in a same time. Nice post..
I post similar theme with this in mine, too :))
Have you watched Dead Poet Society? aksjhaks
Thanks bb, on the way to your post~
Haven't watched it yet, but will do. I'll note this as my to-watch list :))
Post a Comment